Duthie Oct Status Report
From Evergreen Trail Guide
Thanks to all of your hard work, Duthie is really coming together! We've got almost 4 miles of rideable XC trail and several freeride lines are getting close to completion. Here's a quick summary of the plan:
Professionally design and build a suburban Mountain Bike Park by March 31st 2010 that features flowy cross-county and freeride trails, and is a place where riders of all ages and skill levels can gather to share an exciting mountain biking experience.
- >5 miles of flowy XC trails
- >1 mile of Freeride trails
- >2 acre clearing for park's central hub
- Access from Duthie Hill Rd to the North: 600 ft boardwalk over the swamp
- Access from Issaquah Fall City Rd to the South: maintenance access road
- Detailed Phase 2 design
And below is the end Oct status report. Click here to sign up for a work party and let's git'r'done!
Oct Status Report
|Total work complete:||~70%|
|Total work planned:||~70%|
We have 5 months of brushing and 8 months of solid construction under our belts. With 5 more months to go, we're on schedule but we're going to have to get the volunteer #s up a bit and recruit a few builders to work independently on the XC trails' optional features. We're also right on budget, but we're going to really have to watch spending.
- Jan 2008: started project planning and design
- Sept 2008: started brushing XC trails
- Feb 2009: started building Bootcamp trail and several FR trails
- April 2009: south maintenance access road complete
- May 2009: started north access boardwalk
- June 2009: 1.5 mile Bootcamp trail rideable, clearing complete
- Aug 2009: 1.5 mile NE XC trail rideable
- Nov 2009: 1 mile SW XC trail rideable
- Jan 2009: 1 more mile of XC trail rideable... for a total of 5 miles
- Flagging: 100%
- Brushing: 100%
- Benching: 75%
- Drainage, Berms, Flow & Route Tuning: 30%
- Features: 20% (most feature construction moved to Phase 2)
- almost 4 miles of the planned 5 miles are benched and rideable
- 1.5 mile Bootcamp trail benched and rideable
- 1.5 mile NE XC trail benched and rideable
- Over 0.5 mile of the SW quad trail benched and rideable.
- Dirt Corps for the expert flowpark line (>50% complete)
- DWBs for the advanced/expert flowpark line (>50% complete)
- Highlife Crew for the advanced freeride line
- Zeb & Leif for the mini-D DH line (>50% complete)
- Jamie for Ryan's line modeled after Flowtron.
And a huge thanks to our first teams to step up and take on a few beginner freeride lines:
- Fredrika & the LunaChix for beginner drop, step-down and tabletop jump lines.
Maint Access Road
-- On Track
Completely re-cleared. 2 tasks remaining: 1) bring in a wood chipper to chip up the alder branches -- we should be able to handle that in 1 day. 2) haul away the alder root balls piled up in the clearing.
|Total Project Target:||xxx|
Materials & Tools Donations
- storage trailer loaner from Chris Bentley
- excavator loaner from Hertz Rob Gibson
- toter and hand tool loaners from King County Parks
Thanks to all of our awesome donors!!