From Evergreen Trail Guide
Hey, this is a page you can edit to leave me feedback. You can also send me email via the wiki: use the "E-mail this user link" at the bottom of the left column.
See also my user talk page.
Sorry about the confusion on Duthie. Andyj 14:15, 14 March 2011 (PDT)
- No worries--I just didn't look closely enough before diving in. Thanks for taking the initiative to do some cleanup! Maarten 14:36, 14 March 2011 (PDT)
- We don't have a reasonable way to show only the markers that are in a category, but you can embed a map and if you zoom it appropriately, that might be good enough?
- Check out Template:Googlemap-box to see how you'd do it. If you're comfortable creating templates, I'd suggest creating a new one like Googlebox that takes arguments for center lat/long & zoom level. Then you can just use that template on the category pages and not have raw code in each of them. Maarten
- Right on. That should work in the meantime. Are there any more parameters for the "LoadAllFromDB" macro/function? I was envisioning being able to query LoadAllFromDB with a category parameter - but I understand the overhead on that request. Andyj 12:01, 16 March 2011 (PDT)
- LoadFromDB doesn't know about categories. It's possible in theory with some work to implement it, but it would require some more custom PHP code. So no, there are no other params. Maarten 12:16, 16 March 2011 (PDT)
Hey! Been plugging away at getting some nice templates into the wiki. I pulled over a few from Wikipedia but all the cool ones need the ParserFunctions extensions. If you get a moment can you drop it in? (It's a simple install, as extensions go) Andyj 15:42, 17 March 2011 (PDT)
- Done. I didn't enable the string functions, lemme know if you need those. Maarten 16:33, 17 March 2011 (PDT)
- Ooh. Do need the string functions for string comparisons (namespace checks, etc). Thanks! Andyj 17:05, 17 March 2011 (PDT)
- K, sorry about that, should be enabled now.
- Awesome. Should be able to pull together some cool templates now. Andyj 09:07, 18 March 2011 (PDT)
- If they're small bits of CSS, you can add to Mediawiki:Common.css or Mediawiki:Bbtcwiki.css. If it's a bigger blob, better to create a file for it, but that would make it hard for you update.
- Not sure about adding JS off the top of my head. Oh, there's Mediawiki:Common.js. Are you looking to load jQuery?
- Yeah, jQuery will let me throw in some collapsible divs. Andyj 09:43, 18 March 2011 (PDT)
- jQuery is now loaded by default. Maarten 04:59, 19 March 2011 (PDT)
- I think I need perms for Common.css. I promise I'll be good. :) Andyj 09:43, 18 March 2011 (PDT)
- I added editinterface perms for you, which should take care of it. Let me know if not. Maarten 04:59, 19 March 2011 (PDT)